Today is the Grand Opening of the Rolland Curtis Gardens (“RCG”) facility in Los Angeles, California. RCG is a transit-oriented 140-unit affordable housing development, supported by a Federally Qualified Health Center and a grocery store providing fresh and health food.
Opportunity Fund’s New Markets Tax Credits program invested $6.5MM in the construction of the health center and grocery store portion of this project. This project was the culmination of a partnership with Abode Communities and TRUST South LA to preserve affordable housing in South Los Angeles.
The 6,500 square foot health clinic, operated by St. John’s Well Child and Family Center, will provide quality and accessible patient-centered comprehensive health services for low-income individuals and families located in a medically underserved area where the poverty rate was 42.6% when construction began.
The remaining 1,500 SF will be occupied by a local minority-owned grocery story.
– SJWCFC estimates 7,345 unique low-income individuals will be served annually
– General primary medical care
– Well child services
– Voluntary family planning services
– Immunizations, gynecology services, diagnostic laboratory procedures, oral health and mental health services, case management, and preventative health education.
– 63 full-time equivalent jobs created (35 for low-income individuals)
– 50 construction jobs supported
– 155 projected construction jobs, 75 of which will be accessible to low income people
If you are interested in learning more about the Opportunity Fund’s New Markets Tax Credit Program, please reach out to Marissa Meir at Marissa@OpportunityFund.org.