Opportunity Fund is committed to supporting small businesses that are financially struggling amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a small business owner who’s business has been impacted, please contact us directly so that we may better serve you.
- If you are an existing customer who has been impacted by Covid-19 and concerned about missing a loan payment, contact us at 877-629-2709 or email@example.com
- If you are seeking new financing through a non-PPP loan, contact us at 888-720-3215 (888-648-7859 en español) or click here to begin your request.
- If you are a funder or are interested in supporting Opportunity Fund’s efforts during this time, please visit our Small Business Relief Fund page.
We understand that this is a very difficult time for you, your family, and your business. We are committed to providing you with the best customer service through this crisis and beyond.
Informative Webinar Series
We are pleased to offer a webinar series to keep entrepreneurs informed about helpful resources and best practices during this crisis. Please see links below to register for upcoming webinars:
- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses – Wednesday, September 30th at 10am PT
- The Art of the Pitch in the COVID Era – Thursday, October 1st at 11am PT
Financial Empowerment Resources
(Offered for free in partnership with Accion Opportunity Fund)
MicroMentor: Looking for a mentor?
MicroMentor connects entrepreneurs and mentors devoted to solving business challenges. Opportunity Fund is offering this service to small business owners in English and Spanish for free! Sign up to get expert advice on financial planning and record keeping, applying for loans and grants, pivoting to new business models, marketing to new customers, and adopting alternative sales channels, to name a few.
Trust Plus: Trying to tighten up your personal finances?
TrustPlus offers free one-on-one personal financial coaching in English and Spanish to small business owners, sponsored by Opportunity Fund. Some of the coaching areas include: establishing a savings account, managing debt and improving credit score.
To sign-up, go to the TrustPlus webpage or text “OppFund” to (646) 349-5959
Community Partner Resources
- LISC and LA County – LA Regional Covid Fund – small business grants in LA County
- Start Small Think Big – pro bono remote legal assistance clinic
- To request assistance, please complete and submit a COVID-19 Assistance Request Form
- Crisis Text Line – Provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
- Text “HOME” to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor
- Small Business Majority – national small business organization that empowers entrepreneurs
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) – COVID-19 resources
- Venturize, by Small Business Majority – free online resource hub for small business owners
- Gusto – updated daily with the latest information on grants, loans and other resources at a national and local level
- Hello Alice – COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Guideline – Curated guides, articles and news — for a better retirement
Past Webinar Recordings
You can also watch the following recordings of past webinars we have hosted (click links for detailed description):
- Financial Management 101
- Staying Mentally Strong During Crisis Recovery
- Reopening Your Business During Uncertain Economic Times
- Build or Maintain Good Credit After Crisis
- Budgeting and Forecasting for Unstable Revenues
- Revising Your Business Plan for Recovery
- Recursos para Empresas Pequenas Durante la Pandemia de COVID-19
- Legal and Practical Considerations for Employers
- Adapting Your Supply Chain
- Protect Your Business from Predators and Fraud
- Managing Cash During an Emergency
- Leveraging Resources to Survive and Thrive – also available in Spanish
- Crisis Management for Small Businesses
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Stay Connected To Your Customers
Spanish Language Resources
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) – Kit Recursos Para El Covid-19
- COVID-19 Recursos para Comunidades Indocumentadas– Recursos Nacionales y Estados
- Centro de Negocios Small Business Development Center (SBDC) de Los Angeles:
- Somos Mayfair – South Bay COVID Guide
- Hello Alice – Centro de Pequeñas Empresas Hispanas
- Micromentor – Desarrolla una relación con un mentor de negocios quien podrá ayudarte para atravesar las problemáticas económicas causadas por la pandemia. Para apuntarse en español, selecciona “español” en la parte superior de la página web.
- TrustPlus – Consejería especializada que lo ayuda a aliviar sus preocupaciones financieras personales. Para apuntarse en español, selecciona “español” en la parte superior de la página web.
As an organization, Opportunity Fund stands with everyone calling for an end to racism and injustice and to affirm: Black Lives Matter. Please see our full statement HERE for Anti-racism Resources to learn about how you can take action.