Opportunity Fund is committed to supporting small businesses that are financially struggling amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a small business owner who’s business has been impacted, please contact us directly so that we may better serve you.
- If you are an existing customer who has been impacted by Covid-19 and concerned about missing a loan payment, contact us at 877-629-2709 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are seeking new financing through a non-PPP loan, contact us at 888-720-3215 (888-648-7859 en español) or click here to begin your request.
- If you are a funder or are interested in supporting Opportunity Fund’s efforts during this time, please visit our Small Business Relief Fund page.
We understand that this is a very difficult time for you, your family, and your business. We are committed to providing you with the best customer service through this crisis and beyond.
Informative Webinar Series
We are pleased to offer a webinar series to keep entrepreneurs informed about helpful resources and best practices during this crisis. Please see links below to register for upcoming webinars:
- Choose the Right Legal Entity for Your Small Business via our partners at Start Small Think Big – Thursday, October 22nd at 6pm PT
- Cash Flow Management – Thursday, October 29 at 12pm PT
RESILIENT TOGETHER: SMALL BUSINESS STORIES.
On Tuesday, October 27, we invite you to virtually join Opportunity Fund for a quick, 30-minute coffee break to listen to stories from small business owners across the country. RSVP here.
Financial Empowerment Resources
(Offered for free in partnership with Accion Opportunity Fund)
MicroMentor: Looking for a mentor?
MicroMentor connects entrepreneurs and mentors devoted to solving business challenges. Opportunity Fund is offering this service to small business owners in English and Spanish for free! Sign up to get expert advice on financial planning and record keeping, applying for loans and grants, pivoting to new business models, marketing to new customers, and adopting alternative sales channels, to name a few.
Trust Plus: Trying to tighten up your personal finances?
TrustPlus offers free one-on-one personal financial coaching in English and Spanish to small business owners, sponsored by Opportunity Fund. Some of the coaching areas include: establishing a savings account, managing debt and improving credit score.
To sign-up, go to the TrustPlus webpage or text “OppFund” to (646) 349-5959
MOBI (My Own Business Institute): Free university certificate program in 20hrs?
MOBI is the world’s leading provider of free online education entrepreneurs. There are two ways to learn:
- Enroll: Choose among three entrepreneur courses and earn a Certificate of Completion in just 20 hours from Santa Clara University.
- Browse: 35 topics to find answers to your most immediate business questions.
Small Business Owners: Make your voice heard!
Opportunity Fund is partnering with the Federal Reserve on a national survey of small businesses. This survey amplifies the voices of small businesses like yours, and provides important information to policymakers who make decisions that affect small businesses. All responses are confidential and survey results will be shared with participants. The survey closes October 31, 2020.
Make your voice heard and take the 10-minute survey today.
Community Partner Resources
- Start Small Think Big – pro bono remote legal assistance clinic
- To request assistance, please complete and submit a COVID-19 Assistance Request Form
- Crisis Text Line – Provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
- Text “HOME” to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor
- Small Business Majority – national small business organization that empowers entrepreneurs
- Tory Burch Foundation – 1 yr virtual fellows program for women entrepreneurs
- Wells Fargo – Supplier diversity program
- To learn more visit: https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/diversity/supplier-diversity
- This link provides details about participation requirements: https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/diversity/supplier-diversity/participation-requirements
- Bet Tzedek – LA Represents
- Bet Tzedek and LA Represents help small business owners in Los Angeles find free legal resources to address problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To learn more visit: https://www.bettzedek.org/our-services/justiceforworkers/smallbusiness/
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) – COVID-19 resources
- Venturize, by Small Business Majority – free online resource hub for small business owners
- Gusto – updated daily with the latest information on grants, loans and other resources at a national and local level
- Hello Alice – COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Guideline – Curated guides, articles and news — for a better retirement
Past Webinar Recordings
You can also watch the following recordings of past webinars we have hosted (click links for detailed description):
- Get Distributed!
- The Art of the Pitch in the COVID Era
- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses
- Las Redes Sociales y del Marketing Digital
- Financial Management 101
- Staying Mentally Strong During Crisis Recovery
- Reopening Your Business During Uncertain Economic Times
- Build or Maintain Good Credit After Crisis
- Budgeting and Forecasting for Unstable Revenues
- Revising Your Business Plan for Recovery
- Recursos para Empresas Pequenas Durante la Pandemia de COVID-19
- Legal and Practical Considerations for Employers
- Adapting Your Supply Chain
- Protect Your Business from Predators and Fraud
- Managing Cash During an Emergency
- Leveraging Resources to Survive and Thrive – also available in Spanish
- Crisis Management for Small Businesses
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Stay Connected To Your Customers
Spanish Language Resources
- Las Redes Sociales y del Marketing Digital – webinar en espanol
- Micromentor – Desarrolla una relación con un mentor de negocios quien podrá ayudarte para atravesar las problemáticas económicas causadas por la pandemia. Para apuntarse en español, selecciona “español” en la parte superior de la página web.
- TrustPlus – Consejería especializada que lo ayuda a aliviar sus preocupaciones financieras personales. Para apuntarse en español, selecciona “español” en la parte superior de la página web.
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) – Kit Recursos Para El COVID-19
- COVID-19 Recursos para Comunidades Indocumentadas– Recursos Nacionales y Estados
- Centro de Negocios Small Business Development Center (SBDC) de Los Angeles:
- Hello Alice – Centro de Pequeñas Empresas Hispanas
- Bet Tzedek – LA Represents
- Bet Tzedek y LA Represents ayudan a los pequeños propietarios de negocio en Los Angeles encontrar recursos legales gratis con los problemas de dirección causados por el pandémico COVID-19.
- Estamos aquí para usted: https://www.bettzedek.org/nuestros-servicios/justicia-economica/recursos-legales-de-preguntas-de-covid-para-empresas-pequenas/?lang=es
As an organization, Opportunity Fund stands with everyone calling for an end to racism and injustice and to affirm: Black Lives Matter. Please see our full statement HERE for Anti-racism Resources to learn about how you can take action.