Opportunity Fund is committed to supporting small businesses who are financially struggling amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. If you are a small business owner whose business has been impacted, please contact us directly so that we may better serve you.
Please keep in mind that our ability to provide financial assistance is based on eligibility guidelines and funding availability. Day by day, we are working with partners, investors, and the government to secure additional funds so that we can support more business owners during this time.
If you are an existing customer who has been impacted by Covid-19 and concerned about missing a loan payment, contact us at 877-629-2709 or email@example.com.
If you are seeking new financing through a non-PPP loan, contact us at 888-720-3215 (888-648-7859 en español) or click here to begin your request.
If you are a donor or are interested in supporting Opportunity Fund’s efforts during this time, please click here to learn more information about the Small Business Relief Fund.
Opportunity Fund understands that this is a very difficult time for you, your family, and your business. We are committed to providing you with the best customer service through this crisis and beyond.
We are pleased to offer a COVID Response Webinar Series to keep entrepreneurs informed of their options, helpful resources, and best practices during this crisis. Please see links below to register for upcoming webinars and watch recordings of past webinars (click links for detailed description).
- Revising Your Business Plan for Recovery – Wednesday, May 20th at 10am PT
- Budgeting and Forecasting for Unstable Revenues – Wednesday, May 27th at 10am PT
Past Webinar Recordings
- Stay Connected To Your Customers
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Crisis Management for Small Businesses
- Leveraging Resources to Survive and Thrive – also available in Spanish
- Managing Cash During an Emergency
- Protect Your Business from Predators and Fraud
- Adapting Your Supply Chain
- Legal and Practical Considerations for Employers
- Recursos para Empresas Pequenas Durante la Pandemia de COVID-19
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Explained
Our friends at Gusto are updating this list daily with the latest information on grants, loans and other resources at a national and local level: COVID-19 Resource List for Employees and Employers.
- California is providing one-time state-funded disaster relief assistance to undocumented adults who are ineligible for other forms of assistance, including assistance under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and pandemic unemployment benefits, because of their immigration status. Go here for more information.
- 12 immigrant-serving nonprofit organizations will help individuals apply for and receive this disaster relief assistance in their region. An undocumented adult who qualifies can receive $500 in direct assistance, with a maximum of $1000 in assistance per household. Read frequently asked questions.
- SBA Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources – Payroll Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- SBA has resumed processing Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) applications that were submitted before the portal stopped accepting new applications on April 15 and will be processing these applications on a first-come, first-served basis. SBA will begin accepting new EIDL and EIDL Advance applications on a limited basis only to provide relief to U.S. agricultural businesses.
- Important Updates To The PPP May Equal More Money For Your Small Business, Forbes 5/14/20
- Updated PPP FAQ’s from SBA
- Updated list of PPP lenders from SBA
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Explained – Webinar Monday, May 18th at 11am PT
- Tips from the FTC: 5 things you can do to avoid a Coronavirus scam
- The Carlsbad City Council has approved a $5 million economic revitalization package to help businesses affected by COVID-19
- Google Ad Credits – for SMB’s who’ve had active Google Ads in past year
- Yelp Ad Credits – free advertising and waived fees
- GoFundMe.org Small Business Relief Fund – provide micro-grants
- Business For All – mentorship and grant program powered by Alice and Verizon
- Freelancers Relief Fund – financial assistance up to $1k to cover lost income
- Beauty Changes Lives – $1,000 relief grants for beauty industry professionals
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund LISC- current round opened May 14th
- San Francisco Neighborhood Mini-Grants to Support Small Businesses in Underserved Communities – applications close May 15, at 5pm
- Kiva: 0% loans for entrepreneurs
Economic Impact Payments (EIP)
- IRS EIP Information Center
- If you do not have an account, many banks offer ways to open one remotely – online or through a mobile app – without going to a bank branch. As long as you have a computer or a smartphone with access to the Internet, it is easy to get started. Learn more about Economic Impact Payments. Check this 1min video on How to Open a Bank Account.
- Public Law Center and Smart Small Think Big launch a Pro Bono Remote Legal Assistance Clinic for Nonprofits and Small Businesses.
- To request assistance, please complete and submit a COVID-19 Assistance Request Form
- CDC – Guidance for Employers and Businesses
- Cal/OSHA – Guidance to Protect Workers
- CA Labor & Workforce Development Agency – Resources for Employers and Workers
Links to Other Resources and Programs
- Small Business Majority:
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Community: National & State Resources
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) – COVID-19 Resources
- Duke University: Covid Capital Resources for Entrepreneurs
- Federal Reserve Bank of NY: Community Resources on Coronavirus
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation: Relief Funds and Resources for Restaurants and Workers
- Restaurants Interested In Providing Meals to Healthcare Workers
- Food Truck Owners in CA can now apply for temporary permits to sell to-go food at CA rest areas: Food Truck Permit
- Alice: COVID-19 Business Resource Center
Spanish Language Covid-19 Resources
- Webinar: Recursos para Empresas Pequenas Durante la Pandemia de COVID-19
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) – Kit Recursos Para El Covid-19
- Resources for Undocumented Community: National & State Resources
- Centro de Negocios Small Business Development Center (SBDC) LA:
- Somos Mayfair: South Bay COVID Guide – Spanish
Articles on COVID-19’s Impact on Small Business
- 4 Tips to Manage Sales During the Coronavirus Outbreak Small Business Trends 5/15/20
- Important Updates To The PPP May Equal More Money For Your Small Business Forbes 5/14/20
- A Whole New Digital World Alice Newsletter 5/13/20
- How Three Small Businesses Are Pivoting To Stay Afloat Amid The Coronavirus Pandemic Forbes 5/12/20