Opportunity Fund is committed to supporting small businesses that are financially struggling amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a small business owner who’s business has been impacted, please contact us directly so that we may better serve you.
- If you are an existing customer who has been impacted by Covid-19 and concerned about missing a loan payment, contact us at 877-629-2709 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are seeking new financing through a non-PPP loan, contact us at 888-720-3215 (888-648-7859 en español) or click here to begin your request.
- If you are a funder or are interested in supporting Opportunity Fund’s efforts during this time, please visit our Small Business Relief Fund page.
We understand that this is a very difficult time for you, your family, and your business. We are committed to providing you with the best customer service through this crisis and beyond.
Informative Webinar Series
We are pleased to offer a webinar series to keep entrepreneurs informed about helpful resources and best practices during this crisis:
- Tuesday, January 26 at 12pm PT – Fundamentals of Financial Documents
Business Advising and Support Resources
(Offered for free in partnership with Accion Opportunity Fund)
MicroMentor: Need an expert to guide your 2021 marketing plan and reach new customers?
MicroMentor connects entrepreneurs and mentors devoted to solving business challenges. Opportunity Fund is offering this service to small business owners in English and Spanish for free! Sign up to get expert advice on financial planning and record keeping, applying for loans and grants, pivoting to new business models, marketing to new customers, and adopting alternative sales channels, to name a few.
Trust Plus: Is getting your personal finances in order one of your 2021 resolutions?
TrustPlus offers free one-on-one personal financial coaching in English and Spanish to small business owners, sponsored by Opportunity Fund. Some of the coaching areas include: establishing a savings account, managing debt and improving credit score.
To sign-up, go to the TrustPlus webpage or text “OppFund” to (646) 349-5959
MOBI (My Own Business Institute): Looking to earn a university certificate this year?
MOBI is the world’s leading provider of free online education entrepreneurs. There are two ways to learn:
- Enroll: Choose among three entrepreneur courses and earn a Certificate of Completion in just 20 hours from Santa Clara University.
- Browse: 35 topics to find answers to your most immediate business questions.
Community Partner Resources
- FOUND/LA – Small Business Recovery Fund
- You must be a bricks and mortar small business located in Los Angeles County to qualify, and grants will range from $5,000 to $25,000 based on the size of your business
- Round two application window opens 1/11/21 @ 9am PST and closes 1/17/21 @ 11:59pm PST
- To learn more go to FOUND/LA Small Business Recovery Fund
- Super Bowl LVI Business Connect
- The program aims to connect experienced, event-ready Los Angeles County businesses with opportunities to compete for contracts related to Super Bowl LVI.
- Applications will be accepted October 27, 2020 – February 1, 2021 – Apply HERE
- PPE Unite – Free PPE for LA County Small Businesses
- Start Small Think Big – pro bono remote legal assistance clinic
- To request assistance, please complete and submit a COVID-19 Assistance Request Form
- Crisis Text Line – Provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
- Text “HOME” to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor
- Small Business Majority – national small business organization that empowers entrepreneurs
- Wells Fargo – Supplier diversity program
- To learn more visit: https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/diversity/supplier-diversity
- This link provides details about participation requirements: https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/diversity/supplier-diversity/participation-requirements
- Bet Tzedek – LA Represents
- Bet Tzedek and LA Represents help small business owners in Los Angeles find free legal resources to address problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To learn more visit: https://www.bettzedek.org/our-services/justiceforworkers/smallbusiness/
- Cal Coastal Small Business Development Center – New Loan Fund in Monterey County
- Emergency loan fund and microloan programs for Monterey County and City of Salinas
- To get started, potential borrowers may submit a pre-qualification on their website at: www.calcoastal.org/pre-qualification or by phone at (831)-676-2020
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) – COVID-19 resources
- Venturize, by Small Business Majority – free online resource hub for small business owners
- Gusto – updated daily with the latest information on grants, loans and other resources at a national and local level
- Hello Alice – COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Guideline – Curated guides, articles and news — for a better retirement
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) – Consumer education
Past Webinar Recordings
You can also watch the following recordings of past webinars we have hosted (click links for detailed description):
- Brand Storytelling and Design
- Budget Planning for the New Year
- Cash Flow Management
- Get Distributed!
- The Art of the Pitch in the COVID Era
- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses
- Las Redes Sociales y del Marketing Digital
- Financial Management 101
- Staying Mentally Strong During Crisis Recovery
- Reopening Your Business During Uncertain Economic Times
- Build or Maintain Good Credit After Crisis
- Budgeting and Forecasting for Unstable Revenues
- Revising Your Business Plan for Recovery
- Recursos para Empresas Pequenas Durante la Pandemia de COVID-19
- Legal and Practical Considerations for Employers
- Adapting Your Supply Chain
- Protect Your Business from Predators and Fraud
- Managing Cash During an Emergency
- Leveraging Resources to Survive and Thrive – also available in Spanish
- Crisis Management for Small Businesses
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Stay Connected To Your Customers
Spanish Language Resources
- Las Redes Sociales y Marketing Digital – webinar en español
- Micromentor: Desarrolle una relación con un mentor de negocios quien podrá ayudarle a manejar la problemática económica causada por la pandemia. Para registrarse en español, seleccione “español” en la parte superior de la página web.
- TrustPlus: Asesoría especializada que lo ayudará a aliviar sus preocupaciones financieras personales. Para registrarse en español, seleccione “español” en la parte superior de la página web.
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC): Kit de recursos para el COVID-19
- COVID-19 Recursos para Comunidades Indocumentadas: Recursos nacionales y estadales
- Centro de Negocios Small Business Development Center (SBDC) de Los Angeles:
- Hello Alice: Centro de pequeñas empresas hispanas
- Bet Tzedek & LA Represents
- Bet Tzedek y LA Represents ayudan a los propietarios de pequeñas empresas en Los Angeles a encontrar recursos legales gratuitos para resolver problemas causados por la pandemia de COVID-19.
- Estamos aquí para ayudarle: https://www.bettzedek.org/nuestros-servicios/justicia-economica/recursos-legales-de-preguntas-de-covid-para-empresas-pequenas/?lang=es
As an organization, Opportunity Fund stands with everyone calling for an end to racism and injustice and to affirm: Black Lives Matter. Please see our full statement HERE for Anti-racism Resources to learn about how you can take action.